After watching the video tutorial on painting a transparency with alcohol inks and blending fluid in a aqua pen of course I had to give the new technique a try. But first I hooked my friend Jennifer into agreeing to play along with this experiment. We agree to reveal our results tonight.
Clear Paintables are transparencies that one buys with designs preprinted for easy coloring. Since they are not proportioned to fit cards I decided to try to make my own by stamping with Stazon ink and using the alcohol ink on the back side. I tried a couple different images until I found one with larger painting areas. Unfortunately I could not get the alcohol ink to build layers of colors which makes them so fantastic. I did use recycled plastic instead of transparencies so I have more work to do to see if that makes the difference. I did use some metallic pearl behind the background...I like that look a lot. I confess I had to use my Sharpie markers to fill in a few spots where the alcohol ink would not stay. This is a fun and fast technique--definately worth more experimentation!
Don't forget to check out Jennifer's work she will be posting tonight too!