Saturday, June 28, 2014

Challenge Fun

Hi everyone!  Last Monday 2 Pea stampers ended WSW14--10 days of challenge fun.   Here is my favorite cards that I created for the event. The background is made with a technique called Summer Coat.  Similar to Joseph's Coat but done on printed paper and dry embossed.  Bird tags by Red Lead stamps and sentiment is from Hampton Arts set.




Sadly on Wednesday we received the news that 2Peas is closing its doors completely on July 10.  The forums were closed immediately but the store, gallery and PMs remain open until the 10th.  For those active stampers at 2 Peas it will be a major change to find new places to play. So this card is a memory of our good times we shared at 2Peas.

Other news this week included learning my re-purposed tissue box in my last post here was selected to be spotlighted at Simon Says Stamp.   What an exciting honor!  I hope to have my badge soon so I can display it in my sidebar.

One other exciting bits of news this week-I was invited to be on the Mixed Media Card Challenge Design Team!  This is a brand new site which will be posting its 1st monthly challenge on July 1st.
You might want to stop by before then to read all the details.   I can wait for the fun to begin!

Happy stamping!....Jan




3 comments:

  1. Love the colors of this one Jan, and CONGRATULATIONS on the DT they are lucky to have you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the DT! I am looking forward to seeing your creations Jan. Gorgeous card! Love those great ticket stamps and the colours are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear that you were asked to join the mixed media design team...congratulations.
    Love this tactile card, but then I love bird images as you know.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment...it makes my day