Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Craft Stamper-Take It, Make It November Challenge

November's Challenge asks players to use a regular, every day stamp to create a Christmas themed project. Be sure to check out this link to see all the details and inspirational ideas.

The Raven is a bird often associated with Halloween but I wanted to connect it to Christmas for this challenge.  Ravens have a good reputation here so I am quietly easing the bird into a Christmas role.  Here is what I created...



I began with acrylic paints using a wet marbling technique with white iridescent paint.  Once the paint was dry I stamped the Raven image.  The image needed extra attention of permanent markers, colored pencils and glossy enamel to complete the coloring details. The ornament is created by using a Prima doily stamp. The front side of the stamp to an acrylic block and the flat shape is painted with white acrylic paint and stamped. Once the ink is dry the doily is stamped with red archival ink overtop of the white. Stickles are used to hand draw the bow.

I returned to the background above the raven and stamped the dotted swirl image by Magenta.
The Wplus9 "merry" sentiment is stamped in black ink and embossed in clear.  The white shadow is added by hand for additional emphasis. The card is finished with a Prima border stamped image. 

I had so much fun making this card I am really thinking about adjusting the design to create a small canvas for my work space. Hope you had a merry time playing this challenge too!

Happy creative stamping!...Jan

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card with great details. The raven looks fantastic with all the outlining!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative indeed! Love the card! Great idea and a wonderful look! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining us at the Take It, Make It Challenge. Very creative card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your bird holding the Christmas ornament! Your background is beautiful. Thanks for your comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cool idea - I would never think of using a raven for Christmas, but I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Christmas card Jan. LOVE the background and all the details you've added to the raven. Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous Jan!! Love the background and that cute ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, love the swirls in the BG :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your festive raven .... thanks for joining in with the TIMI challenge ..... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks great! I love the marbling effect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautifully created Jan ... thank you so much for joining us for the Take it Make it Challenge over at Craft Stamper, good luck. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your festive birdie, thanks for joining us at the Take It Make It Challenge. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment...it makes my day