WoW when I heard there was gonna be a swap to alter a sock into stocking I had a most difficult time wondering where to begin. My first inclination was to sew embellishments on it but then it dawned on me that would extremely hard to work down in the tube of the sock with a sewing machine...hmm...I wasn't sure I wanted to invest a lot of time into hand stitching tons. As I started to look at what socks were available I came across this one and liked the woven texture. Thought I could possibly use the open weave to add some crocheted details. But my thoughts continued to be challenged by the light pastel color. Finally I learned that I could use luminere paint on fabric--so I was in--jumped both feet into the swap.
I proceeded to paint the main base gold with red trim. I inserted a piece of cardstock to keep from painting the inside of the sock too. Hmm-that stretched the sock making a true looking stocking. Oh the most fun was scouring the store and my stashes for embellishments. Once I found the main flower which is "iron-on art" which is designed for jackets etc...I was happy with it as a fine focal point...so I was off and running. Gold vines, felt rick rack, crystals, ribbons, glass beads, sequins,buttons...oh I couldn't stop stickles was needed too! Yep, I have always like lots of sparkle and frill...and no time like Christmas to enjoy it all! So a little sewing, a little gluing and tons of fun later it came together!