Sunday, December 12, 2010

Last of my holiday cards

It's time to move along with holiday activities. I had to stop participating in Tim's holiday tags and move on to completing my cards and begin the mailing process. I mailed over 30 cards in these last days as a start and now I am beginning to clean up my stamping supplies for the holiday decorating. Here are a couple cards I created with some of the leftover pieces and parts.


This first one I created for Simon Says Stamp and Share. I used inspiration from one of Tim's tags I didn't get to make. The background is embossed with an inked tree folder The cardinal is covered with red sparklyfluff and IRL life begs to be touched. The edge is accented with pleated red satin ribbon. The ATC stamp is from Unity.


I created this second card for a Fiskateer's challenge. It uses one of the ATC images I stamped with the ink pad I made for one of Tim's tags (Red Lead stamp). I used the Fiskar's crimper to add texture to the background strip which is a scrap inked with alcohol inked using a polish stone technique.
Happy Holidays blogger friends!
...Jan

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful card! Love the cardinal! Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card,the Christmas card that arrived from you, had a beautifully stamped envelope, complete with these birds.
    Thank you so much for thinking of me Jan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Miss you friend! All new cards on my blog. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Holidays to you Jan! I love the ornament you made for this years swap at OFP. I'm so glad I joined in on the fun :) I hope mine will arrive in time to celebrate Christmas at your place.
    Thank you so much for the lovely card too, it's proudly displayed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Jan! Beautiful cards! I love the chickadees in the second one. They always seem cheerful to me. Wishing you and yours a happy, prosperous, healthy New Year! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful cards, Jan. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment...it makes my day