Monday, November 26, 2012

Happy Anniversary Inks Stains-Altoids Tin Blog Hop!

Today is Roni Johnson's 5th anniversary of  her blog-Ink Stains  She is celebrating by hosting a blog hop/art festival with her blogging friends and stamping community with fun and prizes.


 

This tin combines some of my favorite things...metal, flowers, flourishes, alcohol inks and opportunity to create and share a little surprise for someone. Really does it get any better than this?  I painted the base of the tin with acrylic dabber paint and the rest of the tin with alcohol inks.  I stamped the flourish with Versamark and embossed with green tinsel.  Add the dried flowers from last summer's garden and decoupage entire lid.  I wanted to keep a simple look so I did not embellish the sides beyond the alcohol ink-polish stone.

Roni, sending you wishes for another wonderful 5 years!  Many thanks for all the inspiration you bring to the stamping community through your book, Teach Yourself Visually - Collage & Altered Arts  and of course your blog.

Inky HUGS!...Jan


14 comments:

  1. I don't think it does get any better Jan! Beautiful tin!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan,

    Love your tin! Did you sand down your tin before painting it? I just spray painted mine and that worked out fine. Oh, but I have such a big collection of acrylic paints!!!

    I'm number 12.

    Peace,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan what a beautiful tin! I love the green tinsel embossed swirls but the gem(s) are those awesome flowers...from your own garden!!! How cool is that! I am so impressed....simply lovely!
    Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the flowers you added to the tin. That was quite unusual, but a very impressive use of the tin. It is inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the color scheme and that you used flowers from your own yard on the lid. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how your tin turned out! The dried flowers are great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beauty of a tin! So dainty looking! Love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am impressed that you used garden flowers. It is such a bright yet delicate tin. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Jan!! That is beautiful! Love how the flowers add that sweet delicate touch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful tin!!! The dried flowers are wonderful looking and what a nice way to make a keepsake from your garden! Sorry for the late visit for the hop, but I was away on vacation last week when the hop posted and I'm catching up now on visiting everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment...it makes my day