Monday, May 6, 2013

Monthly tag swaps at 2 Peas

April swap required including a tree image and quote.

I started by creating a distress background.  Then added a layer of brush strokes around edges and heat embossed.  Finished with an edging of vintage photo around entire tag and accented with some water droplets.

Selected an old favorite tree stamp from a company now out of business and stamped image and added quote and stamped edges. Create divider stripe by painting embossed packing scrap in gold. In upper left corner I added a skeleton leaf with medium gel and fibers for embellishment.






The May swap required the use of flowers and a masking technique.

This tag is inspired by my little rock garden tucked below birch trees at the beginning of my front walkway. Perennial violets are one of the few plants that survive our harsh winters.

I created a background with Dylusion mists. Stamped the violet in archival ink and colored with watercolors. Stamped the leaves below the plant.  I used a leaf mask to sponge in yellow honey distress inked areas at the top then added a layer of stamped leaves.  I made a mask for the violet plant and used Yasumoto Pearlescent watercolors to soften the color around the violet.

I added a layer of gel medium to adhere dried flowers from my last year garden(top and bottom left corners). Once dry I added a top coat of medium and liquid pearls to the center of the flowers.





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your recent blog comment which led me to yours and I've had fun browsing your posts. This violet tag is a particular favorite, such lovely colors and authentic flowers to boot! Hope you are enjoying your summer which I am not fond of because here in the desert today it will be 107 degrees. I envy your location!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment...it makes my day