Saturday, June 14, 2014

Tag-find joy everyday




Thanks for stopping by.   I love working with mixed media to create artsy work and hope you enjoy my Hot Pepper tag today!

I haven't played with Tyvek in years. In fact these scraps of used US priority mail envelopes have been hanging around for 5+years.  As I am busy reorganizing my craft room the time has arrived to use them or say goodbye to them.  So here it is...one more chance Tyvek.
 




To get re-acquainted with this product I made this tag.  I used Tim Holtz' washer border die and hand cut pod shapes. Then painted my shapes with Lumiere, a light weight acrylic paint. While heating the Tyvek it melted into concave and convex bubble shapes. The Lumiere separates with the gold mica flowing into the Tyvek's bubble pockets. OH MY, this technique has these 2 fun actions occurring simultaneously...be still my heart!

However one has very limited control as the Tyvek melts on itself. Narrow pieces like the washer strip melts very quickly and bends onto itself.  Pre-planning  to precisely use the results often does not  work.

Tyvek does not release any odors when melting but be safe and heat in a well-ventilated area.


The background for the Tyvek is some very textured handmade paper and is colored with distress stains misted with lots of water.  The sentiment and  water stamping leaves at the top of the tag are Hero Arts stamps. I love the soft subtle background effect water stamping creates.

I will be sharing this tag at the following sites...

Many thanks go to the fabulous inspiration Virgina is providing each month on her challenge site. Virginia's View Challenge iis a well followed challenge blog as she begins her 4th month of challenges.  This month the challenge asks for making a tag or a scrapling with some recycled materials.  It is open until June 18th. 

Each Friday, Splitcoaststampers has a Mixed-ability challenge.  This week's challenge is to use a medium product which is heat reactive.

A  Blog Named Hero: Challenge #45 features anything but a card this month. And of course Hero Arts Stamps are always used.

Thanks for stopping by! 
Happy stamping...Jan




2 comments:

  1. This is one very artsy tag! I love the water-colored background with your hand cut pod design! So neat and cool! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia's View Challenge! Very happy to see your lovely work, Jan! Thanks for the kind comment and support!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of Tyvek, it looks like fun and gives great texture. I might need to google it to see what it is. I love your tag, I can tell you do a lot of Mixed Media :) Thank you for playing at ABNH!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment...it makes my day