Monday, November 10, 2014

Challenge-12 Days of Christmas Tags


Oh my, what a fun challenge this is!  Loll is one of my new design team pals from the monthly Mixed Media Card Challenge . She is currently hosting 12 days of mixed media tag inspiration along with a guest designer each day. I love creating texture and dimension
so Loll certainly piqued my interest with this challenge. But I can't believe how quickly the days are flying by!  We are already to day 8 and this is my first entry. Yes, I intended to play from the 1st but some times life gets busy and runs into our creative time.  But oh well, I am here to tell you that there is still time to get in on the fun! 



Let Heaven and Nature Sing
 
I had tons of fun playing with distress sprays for the background and added some navy suede for design interest and a touch of yummy texture. I have always enjoyed making inchies...those little 1x1 inches pieces of art add fun interest to a larger piece like a tag. For this inchie I layered homemade distress sprays to add dimension to the background, stamped the pinecones and edged in glitter (texture). I used an CB embossing to create the frame with a blanket stitched edge and added a thick inchie mounting square to the back to pop it above the tag's surface-yes this little piece adds both texture and dimension. To complete the tag's background I began stamping off the edge for added dimension as well another layer of distress ink around the outer edge. 
 
 
 
Many thanks to Loll and all her friends for some terrific inspiration!  What an awesome challenge!
...Jan
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Hi Jan. LOVE the soft colours of your beautiful background ... along with the stamped branches --- just gorgeous. The pinecone inchie really packs a punch with the frame and glitter accents. Thanks so much for playing along with my Christmas tag event!! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful and creative. I love your pinecone inchie too. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely pine themed tag Jan! love the pretty touches of gold with the greens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love inchies too!! Looks great on your tag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a very cool tag! I love the softness this tag has to it. The branches and pine cones are so pretty giving this tag an "earthy" feel to it. Just so beautiful! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, Jan...I love all the techniques you used in your tag! And I LOVE the colors! They're so soothing and calming! That glitter along the inchie is just the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pine cones and boughs and bit of sparkle! Lots of great techniques here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty Jan! A peaceful, wintery, festive tag! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment...it makes my day