“Oh Happy Day”…yes
indeedy! I finally got to spend time to play creatively with some mix media! Yay! I have
been working making some stamped impressions by stamping an inked stamp into a verythin layer of molding paste --my kind of simple fun. And if that wasn’t enough I
tried using a rubber stamp (not on a wooden block) as a cast and filled with hot glue. After filling I chilled it for a few minutes in the refrigerator; once cool I eased the piece out of the rubber stamp. The hot
glue casting results were somewhat foggy on top and white on the backside. But overall I was happy with the results I achieved.
The fun part is that I used the same stamp for both
techniques and wanted to combine the pieces on one card. The card background is scrap paper that I used under my stamped impressions work. I used an embossing folder similar to my
stamp to fill the bottom corner and inked with cracked pistachio distress ink.
Other supplies: Dreamweaver Embossing Paste-metallic gold and stamped with Ranger Archival ink-black. For hot glue casting I dusted off my old glue gun and glue sticks from another era, Sharpie markers and for accents Inka Gold-silver.