Monday, October 22, 2007

Time flies!

Too many things to make, not enough time to post! So now it is time to play some catch-up.

The month kicked of with World Card Making Day. I was busy throughout the weekend itself with thee Stamp Shack celebration of it's the 1st birthday and coordinating some challenges there.

And once the weekend was over those fun folks at 2 peas just don't ever want to stop so the challenges went on for a full week...and now weekly challenges continue too! I worked on about 15 projects during the first week but during that instensive pace one just stops counting. Here's a few photos of my favorites from the week.


One of my first challenges was to make an item that was for the Thanksgiving table. The template for the cup above is from Sherry at the Stamp Shack. I used a watercolor resist on the cup which was lots of fun!

Tami offer a challenge that including using a sheet of music on a card. I had fun working this raven!





Of course I had to try my hand at the new technique challenges offered.

This one features a process of using Perfect Pearls and then combinding it with distress inks. Of course the results are all shimmery which can not be captured in a photo.





The other technique I enjoyed was creating an embossed background and then rubbing over it in a resist manner with metallic rub-ons. They come in a little tray like a paint palette. Mine had been sitting in my drawer for a few years because I had never found instructions. I was very excited to finally put them to use!




This month I enjoyed a 1:1 swap with my friend Jennifer. We each used the same stamp and then shared our 1st creations virtually. She is really good with color and stitching...after she posted first I wonder how I let myself get into such a challenges! But we had some fun laughs along the way. Here a link to Jennifer's beautiful work.

Thanks for stopping by!








5 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects! I love the crow! Is he a pattern or a die cut? Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are some of my favorites, too!!!
    Good to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards, Jan. I, too, love the raven or crow or whatever that musical bird is. He's just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow-wee.... look at all those beauties!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment...it makes my day