Sunday, February 24, 2008

A lot happens in 1 week!





Sometimes when we look back on the previous week it seems like time flew bye and nothing that we intended on getting accomplished is finished. However in contast I started up my hydrophonic garden again 2 weeks ago. These cherry tomato plants are expected to flourish into large plants so as recommended I only planted 3 or the 7 pots. Yep these plants grow only in water with their schduled nutrient diet and monitored light. The top pictures are of the status at week 3 and the last one is now week 4. When everything here has been covered with white snow for months it is a delight to see new plant growth. I will be happy to share the harvest if you stop in.




7 comments:

  1. All the best with your plants Jan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool. My tomato plant from last year is still alive. All the fruit is gone but it's still kicking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I planted the herb one about 3 weeks ago and hope to get another soon and do leaf lettuces or something similar. I can plant outside about the end of May here in Michigan. but I am already taking cuttings off my basil and parsley. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yummy! I love fresh tomatos. It's nice to see so much happens in a week, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fascinating. I hope you'll continue to post about your plants growth. I love this kind of info!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing growth - I'll be curious to see how your tomatoes turn out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment...it makes my day