Thursday, December 5, 2013

Day 4 Twelve Tags of Christmas with a Feminine Twist

Ellen Hutson continues her annual 12 Tags of Christmas with a Feminine Twist. My tag today is inspired by Kittie Caracciolo designer for day 4. I have enjoyed her scenic stamping designs for several years. And now she creates dimensional works with die cuts. 


Now a look at how Kittie inspired me to look at my own supplies and tools. I don't have many dies that are specific nature shapes. However, the trees from CottageCutz Dies-trees and moose set worked wonderfully. So I started with a search of my stamps to complete a scene. I colored the background with peacock feathers distress stain. The distant ridge of trees is stampscapes's-row of trees. The large white diecut trees and the recycle corrugated snowy hills are painted with Acrylic Paint-Distress Dabber, metallic pearl. The boy on a sled is a stamp from a stamp company that is now closed. The snowflakes are dots of Viva's Pearl Pen-ice white. I previously used the pearl pen only to add a few highlights on a project. But once I got started on this tag I couldn't stop...so fun I couldn't stop giggling! Thanks Kittie for terrific inspiration...the dimension is so fun to create! Thanks for stopping by...hope you will consider playing too!

4 comments:

  1. That's just spectacular Jan! I love all the textures you created and the colors are perfect! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your trees. This is precious.,

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it! those trees glistening with snow are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful choice in colors and I love that sweet image! Lots of great texture too! Fab tag!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment...it makes my day