Sunday, June 26, 2016

June's Chain Card Challenge

Hello and Welcome!
This month is sent my Chain Challenge Card to Norway.

For this month's challenge I used the challenge prompt for a product from Elizabeth Crafts.  This was my first time to use Shimmer Sheetz, an iridescent mylar sheet. As one moves the card it shimmers and the colors appear to move.

Here I embossed with a Sizzix cuttlebug folder. I colored the embossed flower in a painting method called pointillism in which dots of color are placed next to one another. I was careful not to overlap the dots because the initial sharpie color can dissolve and create a muddy or smeared look. I used 2 colors to add interest in each area. The hello is a die-cut.


Every month card makers from around the world sign-up with the Chain Card Challenge prior to the deadline on the 5th of the month. All the specific details can be found with this link.

Happy creative moments!
...Jan

4 comments:

  1. Your card is so cheery and lovely! I have not used my shimmer sheets in a long time either. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never really seen the shimmer sheets before. It is a very pretty and interesting look. I like how you colored the flower too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I never have much luck with pointalism. I'll have to try again, you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such an awesome way to color an embossed image. I bet the shimmer is wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment...it makes my day