Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Jennifer’s Turn



My friend Jennifer from Thimbles, Bobbins, Paper and Ink is joining me in a few challenges. Last month I suggest waterbrushing alcohol inks on acetate. This month it is Jennifer's turn to select. She chose to work with coloring embossing paste.

I started with basic white embossing paste and tried to color my paste with perfect pearls. That did not work. I moved on to coloring the paste with Lumiere acrylic paint. These colors are very intense and colored the paste wonderfully. I tried several colors from soft pastels through metallics and found this blue to be my favorite for this butterfly medallion.

I am pleased to know a new option for coloring my embossing paste. Thanks Jennifer for the challenge! Jennifer has colored her image with multiple colors...you will definitely want to look at her blog!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Jen,
    ..waving from Australia...
    love your paste challenge, you are very good at updating your blog,unlike me, anyway my next update will be soon as I leave for the US on Tuesday.
    See you on the cruise
    Bridget Larsen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan, Your butterfly medallion is gorgeous! I've never worked with Lumiere before but you've convinced me I need to give it a try too.

    As always, beautiful work!

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous! I love texture the paste gives!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing. I've not jumped on the embossing paste bandwagon yet, but I love that you are making your own colors. Great effect my friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment...it makes my day