Sunday, April 20, 2008

Take a new look at felt!


This week my friend Tami over at Dapple Designs was the first guest challenge artist at the Stamp Shack. She posted a fun challenge to use felt in a papercrafting project and shared some examples of glittered felt she purchased by the sheet. As I checked out the local JoAnn's super store I found felt by the sheet that looks heat embossed. I had tons of fun creating a card with the animal skin embossed felt. For under 50cents a sheet this embossed felt was less expensive and provided more texture than some speciality printed paper. To give the felt some stability for cutting I ran it through the xyron and cut with the paper attached.


My 2nd project was creating an art journal which I plan to begin using on my cruise with Tim Holtz. Again I used the felt as a background this time a piece embossed with flourishes. I stamp a transparency with one of Tim's new ATC stamps and color with sharpies and added stickles on the back for some accents with bling. I love birds and am excited that many finally arrived in town today as part of their annual migration. Spring is on it's way! So I cut a bird from swirls grungeboard and painted it with Radiant Rain. The liquid H2O twinkle are wonderful to apply in this new product's dauber bottle and wow great sparkle too. Since my book was larger than the xyron I decide to glue the felt directly to the book cover and trimmed the edges after it dried. Next time you are in a craft store definitely look at the felt and check out what new choices you find. Thanks Tami for the encouragement to try something new!

1 comment:

  1. These are both fantastic pieces. That embossed felt is amazing. I haven't seen it yet. You will be so stylish with your new notebook on the cruise. I've been watching his blog with all the sneak peeks. very exciting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment...it makes my day